The PROMISE FUND goal is to build and establish a permanent fund of assets sufficient in size that, when invested prudently, will provide a perpetual source of operating income to:
- Shelter all animals in a clean, safe and compassionate environment until owners or adoptive homes are found.
- Adopt homeless pets into loving permanent homes.
- Partner with other friends of animals to ensure that all our pets are provided the opportunity to live a healthy & peaceful life.
- Assist Brown County residents who need help to find, feed or adequately care for their animal companions.
- Educate people of all ages about the positive benefits of spaying and neutering, responsible pet ownership, and how to successfully integrate companion animals into family life.
Help Us Keep the Promise – forever!
You can help to build the PROMISE FUND by making your personal promise to the Brown County Humane Society in several ways:
- Make a PROMISE FUND donation of cash, stocks, bonds, marketable securities or real estate
- Make a PROMISE FUND pledge, payable over the next three to five years
- Include a PROMISE FUND planned gift in your estate plan
- Make a PROMISE FUND donation to the Brown County Community Foundation for the benefit of the Brown County Humane Society
Your donation to the Promise Fund will be recognized in a star on the mural located in the lobby of the shelter. Giving levels are:
|Lifesaving Star||$50,000 +|
|Sheltering Star||$25,000 – $50,000|
|Protecting Star||$10,000 – $25,000|
|Guiding Star||$5,000 – $10,000|
|Comforting Star||$2,000 – $5,000|
Picture of the Promise Fund Mural with the donors names listed in the stars: