Become a Volunteer
Your volunteer service can literally save lives
BCHS has a small, dedicated staff that oversees the daily operations of our animal shelter. We rely on our volunteers, who donate many talents, to help us provide the best care for the animals entrusted to us, to assist with our programs, to spread awareness of our mission, and to raise funds to support our organization.
- Everything you do helps the animals in our care.
- Work side-by side with people who share similar interests.
- Get away from your daily grind.
- Be involved in the community.
- Learn new skills.
- Relieve stress. Studies show that being with animals can lower your blood pressure.
- No one will ever greet you the way a pet does!
We have volunteer positions for all talents and interests
|Committees and Other Work
|Volunteering is an amazing life experience I’ll never forget. Knowing the animal I helped may not have ever had a chance without me. I wish I could describe the feeling I get when I wave an animal I loved goodbye as its new adopters take it away. The friends I’ve made (furry or fellow human) have been unforgettable, the memories I’ve shared with them I hope I remember my whole life.
– Elley R., Volunteer
To learn more, fill out an application online or at the shelter,
or call our Volunteer Coordinator at 812-391-2349.
(Children under 14 must have a parent or guardian present to volunteer –
children 15 and above must have written permission)
Join the fun with the 100+ other people who volunteer for the BCHS