Owning a pet is a lifetime commitment. Our adoption program is designed to ensure the placement of our animals into permanent, responsible, loving homes.
Finding suitable and permanent placement is a high priority. Therefore, our pets are available on a first come, first served basis.
We encourage you to visit our shelter during business hours to meet and adopt your new pet. We appreciate that you may have a busy schedule or may even be driving quite a long distance to visit. For your convenience, we do offer an online application, which can initiate the process.
Completing an application does not hold the pet for you. Approval of any application is at the discretion of the Animal Shelter staff and will be made in the interests of finding the best permanent home for our animals.
- You must be at least 18 years old to adopt a pet.
- No animal will be adopted to persons that have a confirmed history of neglect or abuse of animals.
- No animal will be adopted to persons that have a repeat history of losing, giving away, selling, or having animals injured or killed.
- Only dogs that are physically and temperamentally suited to living outdoors will be adopted as outside dogs. Dogs that are adopted as outside pets must have a fenced or an adequately sized enclosed area to live in and a doghouse or other suitable shelter.
- Applicants wanting to adopt an outside dog may be required to undergo a home visit prior to the approval of an adoption application.
- Because of the need for socialization, puppies under 6 months of age will not be adopted as outside dogs.
- All animals adopted from the shelter must be spayed or neutered prior to adoption.
Thanks so much for your interest in adopting a shelter pet. We will do our best to find the perfect match for you. Shelter pets make wonderful companions that will give a lifetime of love!